Recipe: Make Ahead Egg Muffins
Total servings 8
98 calories per serving
To refrigerate– these muffins can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
To freeze- placed cooled muffins in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the freezer until solid. Store frozen muffins in a freezer bag or airtight container.
To reheat– place in the microwave 30 seconds for thawed muffins and one minute at 50% power for frozen muffins.
Be creative– substitute different veggies, cheeses, proteins and spices to create your favorite egg muffin combination.
- 12 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup fresh chopped baby spinach
- ¼ cup cooked bacon chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with silicone baking cups. Use olive oil, coconut oil or melted butter to brush muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and garlic pepper until combined.
- Fill each cup with equal amounts of red bell pepper, spinach and bacon.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ of the way with egg mixture and lightly stir the ingredients in each cup together. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake the muffins 20-25 minutes until set.
- Remove from the oven and sit for 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.