When a patient decides to pursue weight loss surgery, the process can seem confusing and complicated. At Panhandle Weight Loss Center, we want to make it easy for you! We will help make this journey easy and uncomplicated. Please:
- Contact us today- Call 806-677-PWLC (7952). We will then get you set up with an appointment or answer any questions you may have!
- Schedule your One-on-One consult with Dr. Schniederjan, Dr. Neichoy or Dr. Peterson and their multidisciplinary team.
THE PATH TO MEDICAL WEIGHT LOSS
16 Week Weight Loss Program
- Consult with Physician Assistant and Registered Dietician
- Metabolic testing
- Bi-weekly weigh-ins, vital signs, and measurements
- Weight loss supplements (Energy Boosting Vitamins & FDA Approved Appetite Suppressant Medication)
- Nutrition program is created personally for you based off your metabolic testing
- Exercise program
- If indicated FDA approved weight loss medications Qsymia or Belviq are prescribed
*Individual results can vary
THE PATH TO SURGICAL WEIGHT LOSS
How to determine if you are a candidate for weight loss surgery. A patient is a candidate for Surgery if they qualify for the criteria below:
*BMI= Body Mass Index
- BMI ≥ 35 with 1 weight related medical condition
- Use this BMI Calculator to calculate your BMI
- Healthy enough to undergo surgical procedure
- For patients with insurance coverage: Most insurances require monthly visits with a physician or physician assistant extended for 3-12 months. Also, additional testing may be required to qualify a patient for surgery. All patients during this process are provided with nutritional counseling, exercise training, psychological evaluation, and additional indicated tests to ensure the patient can safely undergo surgery.
- For self-pay patients, the process is similar, but condensed.
- The patient, once cleared for surgery, attends a one hour pre-operative class performed by our Registered Dietitian to ensure all patients are well educated and to answer all questions associated with life after surgery.
- Schedule Surgery!